Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Interesting times.

Looking back at the last couple of months I see . . . well . . . not much; here on my blog. I do, however, have an excuse. I've reached a crossroads; at long last I've made the decision that at some level I know I've needed to make for a while, to bin my printing and embroidery business (my primary source of employment and income). It's not a sensible choice but an inevitable one, under my managment the business was doomed to failure, once you find it impossible to motivate yourself to do more than 'just enough', and sometimes not even that, then it's time to roll the dice, to get out while the goings good, so that is what I'm doing. In the next few months I'll be busy with assisting the transition of the ongoing business to the new owner/operator but after that . . . well, there should be a bit more activity to be seen on the art front. The relief I feel at this is surprising, I'll be poor but able to take up opportunities that with a regular job would be impossible, interesting times indeed.

Anyway, in spite of that I have been doing more art than just farting around with sketching and my new pens, here's a couple of painting commissions I've completed in the last month or so:

Duke, soft pastels on 30 X 40cm yellow pastelmat.






Ruby, soft pastels on 35 X 50cm grey pastelmat.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ben,
    Let me be among the first to congratulate you on this enormous decision. Takes a lot of guts to do what you've done and I admire that tremendously.
    Nothing worse than slogging away at something which doesn't ring your bell, so-to-speak. Here's to a wildly successful new beginning to your well-established art career!
    Sincerely,
    Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Ben! Your Art is amazing, your style is unique .... go for it!! :)

    ReplyDelete